1 Jul 2017

A Place Like No Other

Many women my age have what they call "empty nest syndrome", whereby they miss - they long for their children who have left home.  It must be one of life's saddest seasons.

I dreaded it.  I lay awake at night thinking about it.  My pillowcase was evident of the tears I shed - especially waking from dreams that had already taken me to that time.

To those mothers who are currently going through this - my heart goes out to you.

My own transition from "Full House" to "Empty Nest" has been a gentle one.  Some still live with the Machinist and I in the family home; - the others are with their own little families - less than 100m "down the road".

I am grateful.  In fact - I am beyond grateful.  I am in awe.

Wherever it is, however it is, whatever it's age or condition our homes are the embodiment of family, faith and friendship and the love that binds one to another.

I desire to continue to build up our home, however full, however empty, so that no matter what the circumstances, wherever our children (and their children) may roam, they will always know....


No comments:

Post a Comment