27 Jul 2017

LYLA LIGHTFINGERS

I don’t know exactly what it is about this time of year, but it always brings about a need to start a new house project.

Last year it was all about finishing off our ‘courtyard’ front garden, making it child safe and low maintenance.

This year I find myself with two (!) babies and suddenly realise that our house isn’t as child friendly as I thought it was. Don’t get me wrong, we did the main baby proofing with the arrival of our first; - new fire guard, switched all our cleaning/personal products to nontoxic, no chemical products, secured all plugs and cords as best as we could. However, only having a child in the space can truly test just how prepared we are.  

And we are not there yet.

When we bought our furniture for this house, we were buying furniture for a couple. I still love our choices.  However, I've learnt that sometimes furniture choice can double your workload when you add a curious toddler to the mix.

The number of times I’ve had to rescue balls that rolled under the bookshelves - (yes, they have legs just high enough to collect all the things underneath) and re-stack said bookshelves.  We cannot get doors for these soon enough! I never realised how handy those baby cabinet door locks are until just this past month! 


A few dust bunnies too...


I will definitely be sharing some of these projects as I get to them, however I though it might be fun to talk about some of the random objects we have had lying around  - because my big girl can open every drawer, cupboard and box we have…
A can of tuna in my bathroom, don’t we all keep supplies in there?!

Most nights Lyla stashes something in her daddy’s work boots, this week included a tennis ball, two dummies and an emoji smiley face rubber ball.

My favourite would have to be the random (positive) pregnancy test she’s been leaving around. I only realised after visits from our family that she had it out… Everyone is already thinking we will be announcing another baby soon.  Alas - no, this is the positive tests from finding out about our Ruby.   I have all of her baby things in my side table ready to put in a box and big sissy apparently loves playing with them. 

Case in point, note my conditioner in the corner there?
All this to say, I don’t know about you Mumma’s but I’m tired of packing ‘my’ things away which shouldn’t be out. I’m not talking about toys and crafts, these are my things that I haven’t had out yet they are all over the house. 

I do watch her despite what you might be thinking, but gosh, kids can get into things in seconds. Even as she stands next to me drying my hair, I tip my hair upside down for a few seconds, look back up and all the flannels are thrown around the room. 

Her actual toy box in the lounge room
Things are going to change around here, doors are going to get latched!


Xoxo - Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment