5 Jul 2017

Wednesday Food Prep

This is Polly, my old girl.  She is absolutely lapping up her one on one time with me
in the kitchen.  She is spreading out, claiming the centre of the cushion, as you do when
you usually share.  Cezar had gone for a pee break and got carried away outside, chasing
leaves or birds.  Polly is good at staying out of the way as I work.  She anticipates my
movements and vamooses accordingly.  Cezar, on the other hand, will let me fall over
him before he thinks he should move.  

I just love my Veggie Bullet!  Here it is with the spiraliser attachment.  (I must confess; - that is the main reason I
bought it). I use it for zucchini and yams.  I haven't experimented with other veggies as yet.  

Here it is again - with the slicer / shredder blade attachment.  I bought mine from CDB Goldair Australia P / L for $250.
It came with a free Nutribullet and accessories valued at $170.  I see that Costco sells the Veggiebullet for around $245. 

These are the zucchini - spiralled (allegedly).  I don't know what I did wrong here, but usually - they come out long - like
spaghetti - hence the name - zucchini spaghetti.  I'll call mine zucchini (thin) penne!

Cauliflower "Rice" - this went through the shredder

Onions sliced - ready for weekly meal assembly.  

I can't tell you how much I'm loving these dishes from IKEA.  They come in a variety of sizes now (there were only two sizes originally).  They remind me of Pyrex tm dishes.  There are endless uses for them.  I have bought a few on each of
our visits to the local Canberra store.  They are so multifunctional.  I take them out of the freezer, with a ready cooked meal inside, take the lid off, and straight into the microwave they go.   Hi-ho!




Scenes from the juicing drawer.  I buy groceries on Tuesday and spend Wednesday doing food prep for the week ahead.  I
wrap each vegetable portion separately, so that nobody has to stand with the fridge door open, wondering what they can juice or having to search - or even whistle.   Our regular juice is carrots, celery, lebanese cucumber, baby spinach leaves,
fennel, ginger, parsley. We have started making extra juice - only 48 hours worth - and storing it in small glass jars, in the fridge. 

Ready sliced lemons.  Big fat juicy lemons.  This is a new practice of mine - having them ready sliced, hoping it will
encourage me to drink more tea without milk.  If the lemons are ready sliced,  on hand and easy, there's more chance of me, (and others) drinking tea and thereby cutting down on milk. 

Ready peeled garlic!  What a thrill.  We love garlic in everything and having it like this encourages me no end. 


Chopping up bacon ready for meals is another new practice this week.  I also get to see what size dish suits the average
500g pack of bacon.  Then I know..... I know that this particular size holds exactly one packet and will be enough to add to
bolognaise or an omelette for three.  

No comments:

Post a Comment